Manchester City Council have launched a temporary scheme to support families who are entitled to Free School Meals.
1) Click on link below
2) Scroll to the bottom of the page and click 'Apply for a Cash Grant' - Make sure you click 'Accept Cookies'
4) Click Apply Online
5) Input your National Insurance Number and date of birth and click start application
6) Tick Cash Grant and reason is School Closure, click continue
7) Complete the following sections and then click Submit.
From next week onwards, you will need to make a claim for support via the link at the bottom of this letter. You will need to submit an application every 2 weeks.
The contribution towards a lunchtime meal is £2.00 per day (£10 per week) for each school child or young person in the household.
Manchester City Council will pay this money directly to you within a few days of your application, by the following methods
● A bank transfer into a nominated bank account
● A secure text message that can be used to access cash from a range of Paypoint outlets in the city
● A voucher that can be printed and can then be exchanged for cash from a range of Paypoint outlets in the city.
If you don't have a National Insurance number e.g. you are an asylum seeker, please contact the school to assist with your application.
Full Instructions - Replacement Free School Meals Scheme